A New Intelligence Service on Knowledge Innovation®
Creating value through better development and management of
knowledge has become recognised as fundamental to sustainable growth. But, like many new
top management agendas, it is too easy to 'jump on the bandwagon' without fully
understanding where and how to apply new concepts and models.
Knowledge KaleidoscopeSM has been developed to help you succeed through being
kept fully informed and advised in three different ways:
- Regular updates on theory and practice in the Ten Knowledge Innovation® Success
Factors. 6 issues a year ensure that each topic is reviewed in depth at least
- Briefing papers to provide the essential basics in an easy
to use and standard format (see the sample Introducing Knowledge
- Online resources, newsletters and discussion to bring you
timely information and advice
Knowledge KaleidoscopeSM will help you develop your understanding of the
critical components of the knowledge agenda. It will give you:
- Insights into trends and developments
- In-depth analysis of implications
- Key concepts for better understanding
- Case studies: exemplars of best practice
- Frameworks for decision and action
- Guidelines for value creating action
- Tools and techniques that help you succeed
- Resources and reviews
Ten Ways Knowledge KaleidoscopeSM helps you gain the knowledge advantage:
- Structured Briefings - covering evolution, key concepts,
cases, practical guidelines and resources.
- Analysis - using proven information refining techniques
unearths underlying trends and issues.
- Layout - find relevant information faster through a
consistent information schema.
- Interaction - direct interaction with our authors.
- Guidelines - practical action oriented guidelines.
- Technology Trends - keeping you abreast of developments in
new knowledge technologies.
- Web Watch - new and useful World Wide Web sites.
- News Briefs - personalities, events and other news.
- Reviews - our candid opinion on key publications.
- Resources - continually updated bibliographies, 'hot-links',
information sources, consultancy services.
Knowledge KaleidoscopeSM will be launched in a few months time. It will be
available in both online (e.g. in a format suitable for your company's Intranet) and
hard-copy. To be kept informed of developments, including some 'early briefings', and to
get a founder subscribers discount, please email David
Skyrme to register your interest.
In your email please provide your email address, your full
name, organisation, and postal address, and which of the topics to be covered are of most
interest to you.
|The Editors and
Debra M. Amidon
Executive Editor (USA)
Founder and Chief Strategist of ENTOVATION®
International, she has contributed to the development of our understanding of
knowledge-based businesses since the mid-1980s. An example is her foresight in
establishing a roundtable in 1987 Managing the Knowledge Asset into the 21st Century. She
regularly presents her analysis to senior executives and has published numerous articles
in leading journals and magazines. Her book The Ken
Awakening has been acclaimed by Leif Edvinsson, Vice President of Intellectual Capital
at Skandia as "insightful with practical hands-on suggestions". These qualities
have been carried over into Knowledge KaleidoscopeSM.
David J. Skyrme
Executive Editor (Europe)
Principle of strategic knowledge consultancy David Skyrme Associates, he
was formerly strategic planning manager for Digital Equipment (DEC) in the UK, prior to
which he created their market intelligence unit, using many of the precursors of today's
knowledge bases. He blends hands-on use of information and communications technology with
an analytical approach to developments in management theory and practice. He co-authored
with Debra Amidon the Business Intelligence report Creating the Knowledge-based Business. This provides an excellent
basis of international best thinking and practice from which Knowledge KaleidoscopeSM has evolved as an ongoing service to keep
executives informed of ongoing developments.
Founder of Trend
Monitor International, a provider of authoritative intelligence in the fields of IT,
management and the environment. Pioneers in the application of content analysis to
identify critical trends to inform business leaders and policy makers in strategic
decision making. This method uses qualitative and quantitative techniques to
systematically monitor developments in the evolving knowledge economy. Trend Management's
reports and concept maps have identified emergent trends e.g. the Year 2000 problem and
Internet commerce, before they entered mainstream management consciousness.
Knowledge KaleidoscopeSM takes advantage of Trend Monitor's information
and knowledge 'refineries' that underpin effective business intelligence services.